Thank you so much for sharing. I was not there but I have equally benefitted from the speaker.
I’m so inspired as a result of reading this that I feel I should just add a few things to prove to your readers the truth of all you’ve spoken.
1. Write down your dream. It is said that a goal not written down is merely a wish and a plan not written down is not a plan at all.
Without writing your dreams down, that’s all they’ll be dreams! Stored in the folders of your imagination.
Writing them down, is helping it to manifest in physical form and as such is very tantamount to your dream becoming a reality.
2. Speak your dream. It’s true that whatever we repeat over and over again we begin to believe. That is why someone who’s gotten deep in the habit of lying sometimes finds it hard to tell which is true and which is false.
What we believe, eventually becomes what we are.
3. Sow into the dreams of others. I believe so much in the principle that whatever you wish/pray another person, is granted unto you in that same moment.
If you want something to happen to you, pray the same for another person in need of it.
And that’s how I feel about dreams. For our own dreams to be fulfilled we have to sow into the dreams of others. One way to do it, as I’ve introduced already, is to pray that the righteous dreams of another be accomplished.
Pray that they find all they need to achieve their dreams.
Prayer is not all it takes to sow though, you can do this in many forms.
Infact, simply listening to the others talk about their dreams and being optimistic no matter how bizarre it might sound is sowing!
4. Discover God’s purpose for your dream. God’s thoughts are not our thoughts. Neither are his ways our ways. Nevertheless, they are to bring us to a good and expected end!
I’ve learnt from experience, especially through my university admission process, that while were planning for ourselves, God had even brighter and better plans for ourselves if only we’d get Him involved!
Get God involved in your dreams and yield to his tweaks and adjustments to your plan and you’d arrive at a great end!
5. Guard your heart. Ever wondered why whenever you decide to live a good life or do something good, the adversary sends something your way to thwart it??
Time without number I’ve experienced this but I won’t even go into detail for time’s sake.
The minute you decide to pursue your dreams and be useful in life, the adversary would send something or someone your way in order to frustrate it.
As such, you’ve got to keep your guard up.
Brother or sister with a dream, you need to watch and pray.
6. Keep the company of other dreamers. This way, you’ll be motivated and encouraged by those in your team to go after your dreams.
Take for example Amina and I now. She’s a writer as well. See as she posted this and my fingers sprung to action?
It’s kind of the same effect when you have fellow dreamers as friends.
7. Start moving in the direction of your dream now! Notice Amina used today, but I’m saying now?? Yes now! Now is the time. There has never been, neither would there ever be a better time than now to move yourself in the direction of your dreams!
One needn’t think of ginormous steps when we say move yourself in the direction of your dreams.
Simple baby steps are all that matter. Baby step your way to your destination.
A step in the direction of your dream today could be setting aside the time to clearly decide what it is you want to accomplish.
The next thing would be to write it down. And place it where you can see it everyday!
Then, you can now begin to apply all other steps mentioned in this two articles, in no particular order.
And when you’re done, there’s always more advice where this is coming from and I’ll be more than excited to help at no charge at all.
So thank you so much Amina, for what you’ve done! I’m grateful.
In conclusion, I leave you with the words of John keating from the 1989 movie dead poets society.
“Carpe carpe carpe diem
Sieze the day boys and make your lives extraordinary.”